Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quiet Morning

It's still dark.

The cable is off.
The dryer just cycled off too.
The wind is howling, but that's the only sound other than the gas fire in the fireplace.

It's just me here at the house. Vaughn left around 6:00 a.m. to see if he had electricity at the cabinet shop.

Snow Day.

I'm not a sleeper or I'd be sleeping. When I received the call at 5:30 a.m. that we wouldn't have school, I immediately got up to continue the phone chain and alert those on my list. And then the Snow Day began, after all those calls were made.

So for now I'm enjoying these quiet moments. My world is sort of at a stand-still, and I just have to love that.

At this point, in the early stages of my Snow Day, I can only imagine what the day might, could, will bring. It's a free day. To rest. Cook. Clean a closet. Work on taxes. Exercise. Whatever.

It's full of possibilities. MY choice. Doesn't happen often enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave a comment. I read every single one.